Casinos for You
Thinking about trying your hand at online gambling? Find out how to play safe and smart when it comes to virtual betting.
Have you always loved to go to casinos but couldn’t make up your mind to try one online? Maybe the changes in 2021 have got you thinking about new ways to bet while staying home.
If you’ve never placed bets online, you may not know where to start. However, online betting has become so popular in recent years that safe, affordable options are available to players of any ability or spending level. Whether you favor Texas Hold ’em or video slots, there’s something for everyone.
Most of the games that you love playing in a casino are available online in a wide array of formats through platforms like GamblersPick. You can choose from a selection of games, gaming formats, and currency in moments. You can even choose whether you want to play against the computer or with live dealers and other players.
This article will walk you through the basic safety and gaming considerations you should take into account before you start betting online in 2021.
Decide on Your Games
At one point, the only games we could really play on the computer were solitaire and maybe some early rendition of Pong. These days, nearly every game you see in a brick-and-mortar casino can now be played online.
The first question you should ask yourself when starting is: Which games do I really love? Most likely, they’re online for your entertainment in some form. Here are a few of the more popular online games available to you through GamblersPick:
- Slot machines: You’ll be clicking a mouse rather than pulling a lever or pressing a button, but slots of every kind are online now.
- Video poker: Touted as one of the oldest forms of digital casino entertainment, video poker comes in various formats, including 3D, high-stakes, multi-hand, and mobile.
- Roulette: Just as much fun as watching the ball land in a brick-and-mortar casino, roulette now features a variety of online styles for every level of player. You can play European, American, French, Mini, and even Double Ball roulette at an online casino with GamblersPick.
- Baccarat: Even if you are still learning the basic baccarat rules, there is a place for you to practice your skills online, and many games with high jackpots require no deposits to be eligible to win.
- Craps: As craps is not subject to as many rule variations as other games like Baccarat and poker, but every bit as popular online, the top craps games you can play at home will vary largely in their graphics and software design. That said, there are countless styles to choose from, and many of the most popular are played in a live format.
Other immensely popular online games that can be accessed and enjoyed in multiple playing formats through GamblersPick include blackjack, keno, and bingo.
Online Betting Locations and Safety
Arguably, the most vital aspect of learning how to start betting online in 2021 is knowing where you can and should play. All online casinos are certainly not created equal, and you want to ensure that your internet safety and playing funds are protected. Many players new to online betting may also have basic questions about where to find reliable online games.
Where to Bet
The great news is that you can gamble online from nearly every device, including right from your smartphone or tablet. The house edge is not increased by playing a table game on a mobile device, and even something as competitive as mobile blackjack can be played safely and fairly this way now.
Naturally, there’s been a rise in web-based gambling during the coronavirus pandemic. With many casinos shuttered during quarantine, committed players have found trustworthy and entertaining games via online platforms like GamblersPick. Featuring live dealers, exceptional gaming experiences, and an active community, you never have to worry that questions will go unanswered or you can’t reach a real person with a concern.
Deciding on your online casino can come down to who has the most games that interest you or pays out the fastest. With so many online play options, you want to pick a place that offers perks that go above and beyond, such as welcome bonuses and plenty of free play.
You may hesitate to play online due to possible scams. While there’s no question that the internet harbors its fair share of sharks, there are plenty of ways to ensure that your betting experience online is safe, legal, and fun. Let’s outline a few things to keep in mind when betting online:
- No legitimate casino will ever ask for personal banking information: All payment methods adopted by online casinos operating within the law will be outsourced to reputable, well-known independent financial transaction companies, such as Klarna, Boku, Circle, and PayPal. If an online casino asks you to input financial details, this is a clear indicator that something shady is afoot, and you should immediately remove yourself from that online game.
- Money should never change hands between players: Safe gaming sites that allow interactions between players should have payment channels set up to transfer winnings. No player should ever send money to another player directly, such as through PayPal, Venmo, or another cash transaction app. If another player pressures you into exchanging winnings anywhere but through the online casino, you need to immediately report that player and remove yourself from the game.
- Check with the stock exchange: Casinos listed with the stock exchange will be subject to official regulations regarding handling customer money. Find out where (and if) your potential casino is registered before you begin to play. The same should go for the site itself. Double-check how long it has been running and cross-reference that information with any local government agencies that you may feel the need.
- Monitor the percentage payout: Online casinos doing reputable business will showcase approximate house edges someplace visible in every game on offer. You should never have to go hunting to find the percentage payout for a game, as it should be freely advertised as part of a legitimate business. You should also do a comparative analysis to ensure that you are getting a competitive rate, as some fraudulent online casinos will unwittingly announce themselves by having very high house edges.
- Payout times matter: Take note of how fast or slow an online casino awards its customers their winnings. These payout times should be clearly posted inside specific games and often also right on the homepages of the casino websites. They should also generally be super-fast if the casino is legitimate. There should never be significant lag time between your official winnings and your receipt of them. If you see online casinos listing payout times that extend many days past the date of winnings, this is a red flag.
One final way you can recognize the right online casino is to make a note of those that mention problematic gambling. Most respectable online establishments will have a link that addresses this serious matter and provide customers access to help. On top of this safety measure, good online casinos nearly always impose deposit and loss maximums on all games. If you find yourself playing a game on a site that has allowed you to lose or deposit limitless amounts of funding over a protracted period, likely, this is not the online casino designed with your best interests in mind.
How to Manage Your Online Gambling Funds
Players new to the online betting community may wonder how funds are handled in this different arena. Even in discovering the answer to that question, a player has many choices. The following list provides descriptions of some of the more common ways that players can manage their winnings from online games:
Of course, everyone likes to win big, but doesn’t that exhilaration feel so much more exciting when there is real money involved? Although the internet hasn’t been around all that long compared to most of the gambling games you may look to play, online betting utilizing real money is suggested to have started as early as 1994, thanks to the efforts of a software company called Microgaming.
Real money casinos now abound online, and it’s up to the player to choose from a giant selection of possibilities. Just like any standard casino, real money online casinos require the betting of actual cash. The only difference tends to be in how this money changes hands when won or lost. Most real money casinos utilize outsourced companies specializing in encrypted internet transfers to manage players’ money safely and transparently.
Also, just like with standard casinos, players need to set spending limits ahead of time and stick to them. Everyone approaches betting differently. Some players like to show up with a set figure of funds in one pocket and an empty pocket to fill exclusively with winnings. When your spending pocket is gone, you stop, no matter what’s in your winning pocket. In an online setting, you can play this way by placing winnings in chip form to a certain side of your screen. For games that don’t use chips, keep a notepad to the side of your computer that tallies what you’ve put in.
Other styles of play utilize percentages. Let’s say you’re playing video slots, and you notice that you have won triple your bet one in every 10 times you spin. You might marginally increase your bets as you get closer to the 10th spin or place a large amount only on the 10th spin.
You may have heard words like “bitcoin” and “blockchain” with no real clue as to what those words signify, but cryptocurrency has taken hold in many corners of the marketplace, including online casinos. In short, cryptocurrency is a stock term for a huge array of virtual currencies (of which Bitcoin is just one among many) that function on the trading of data online, rather than standard money.
In response to the immediate popularity of these types of transactions, cryptocurrency casinos have enjoyed great success. Many players prefer this method of transaction over others because it allows them to keep their financials, such as banking numbers and other sensitive details, out of applications they may not feel comfortable using for a variety of reasons. If you are minded to learn more about the pros of this kind of currency, such as total anonymity, reputable online gambling platforms like GamblersPick provide helpful resources and guides.
Everybody knows the best price of anything is always free! Believe it or not, there are plenty of casino locations on the web where free games are available. Free games can take the form of casino classics made available online for no charge or even the fast cash-out options available through games with no wagering requirements.
Beginners Can Trust GamblersPick
Are you still not sure if online betting is right for you? Check out GamblersPick for more than just the smorgasbord of games available to players of all skill levels. Our community of real players is welcoming, honest, and can guide you in the right direction.
When it comes to the widest range in gambling, GamblersPick has everything, from virtual reality slots to live dealer poker. You can trust GamblersPick to provide the right resources for all of your online gambling interests.