Online casinos are one of the fastest growing industries in Asia. While some choose to avoid Asia completely, others have decided to put their trust with a vast and diverse market that offers unimaginable prospects. With so much choice out there, it can be hard to find the best destination for online gambling, but that’s what we are here for.
Casinos for You
Why play at Asian online casinos
When discussing online gambling in Asia, we need to tread carefully, as most of the continent stands opposed to gambling. This is very ironic, when you take into consideration that a popular new online slots category is labelled Asian Slots, and focuses on games built around historical and mythical figures from the region.
Gambling can be traced back thousands of years in Asia. The first playing cards produced in the continent can be traced back to at least 1200 AD. Gambling was so prominent in the past, that the Chinese authorities made use of ancient styled lottery games to raise funds to build the ‘Great Wall of China’ and fund their military.
Some notable games that we play at online casinos today, originate in Asia. Baccarat, then called ‘Baak ga lok’ in Cantonese, and Keno are both prominent oriental founded offerings that have been played for many centuries and are still popular amidst many Asian cultures.
TOP ASIAN ATTRACTIONS
So, what would a casino that tries to lure Asian players to its site, look like:
Where the Money Flows
Where possible it is ideal to choose to play in your local currency:
- Playing in other currencies comes with its own issues. Good bankroll management is difficult to practice because you leave room for error in calculating your wager sizes and the amount of money you have either won or lost.
- Converting Currency will lead to foreign exchange costs, which are avoidable when playing in your own currency.
Due to the regulatory restrictions in many Asian territories it will not always be possible to transact in your local currency. However since all processors offer US Dollars you can play in a standardised currency that most people are used to:
- E-Wallets: An e-wallet is an encrypted virtual wallet that can transact easily across borders. Payment and withdrawals can be made speedily, if not instantly. Common forms of e-wallets include PayPal, Neteller, and Skrill. PayPal is one of the most popular and safer payment procedure amongst Asians.
- Prepaid Cards: Online Casinos will accept certain prepaid cards or vouchers. These can be purchased from any retail store. To use it, merely enter the card number at the casinos cashier section.
- Cryptocurrency: There are even a few ’Asian’ casinos (from European jurisdictions) that will trade on your favourite cryptocurrency, such as Bitcoin or Etherium. This form of trade is the fastest and most secure in the industry.
Not only should you pay attention to the payment processes, but should factor in how the casino will treat you when you come calling for your money:
- Payout times: Should you stick to reputable licensed casinos you can expect pay-outs to be done speedily and efficiently. The UK may delay procedures slightly, because every payment must first be approved by an agent prior to being released. There are a number of factors that can influence your pay-out times, but with top casinos, it will most likely fall upon the payment method you are using.
- Pay-out Percentage: Not all casinos will pay you out all of your winnings, some might only pay-out 90% or 95%. It is important that you read up on this at your chosen casino to avoid frustration and disappointment later. Avoid casinos with low percentage payouts, as these operators are usually untethered ‘rogue’ operators.
Arsenal of Games
Top Casinos generally use top gaming software. Names to look out for would be NetEnt, Microgaming and Playtech. These three are the industry leaders in this area of the world. Their software advancements lead to smooth gameplay, pristine graphics, and great sounds.
There are a huge variety of games available to play online through these providers, such as:
- Slot Games: This game of the rolling reels comes to the screen in many forms and sub-categories, including 3D slots, Classic slots, Vegas Slots, Progressive Slots, VR slots, and Fruit slots.
- Table Games: This genre includes a variety of card games, like poker, blackjack, baccarat, Mah-jong, Pai Gow (Dominoes), craps, Hi – Lo (Sic Bo), and roulette.
- Live Dealer Games: This includes the more westernised table games, such as casino hold’em poker, blackjack, baccarat, and roulette. The difference is that it is hosted via livestream from a film studio. This allows you to interact with real life dealers and players from the comfort of your own home.
- VR Games: Virtual reality is the most interactive way of experiencing casino gambling. By wearing VR goggles and headphones, you will be transported into a virtual 3-dimensional casino world, where you can walk the carpet between the tables and slot machines and interact with players along the way.
- Scratch Cards: These are virtual scratch cards that can be purchased at online casinos. Match 3 symbols to win.
- Keno: This game was established in ancient China and is similar to the lottery. Wins are made by matching a series of random numbers drawn.
It’s commonly understood that certain games have more appeal over others from one side of the world to the next and the Asian market is no different. Below are a host of games that are proven Asian favourites:
- Pai Gow
- Sic Bo (Hi Lo)
- Sports Betting
BIG Bonus Bonanza
Although these are not one of the most important things offered by Asian Casinos, bonuses are always a sure way of both luring new players and keeping existing players happy. As such a good Asian Casino should offer:
- Great Sign-Up Bonuses: These are aimed at the first-time player, and generally offers free cash and free spins, so that players can use them to get to know the casino and its games.
- Loyalty and Cash Back Rewards: Players will want to know that a casino rewards those who regularly support their business. Loyalty bonuses are a sure way of putting money back in the players pocket and it keeps them coming back for more.
If you are playing in an open legalised Asian country, you will be able to claim exclusive bonuses created especially for you at our recommended casinos.
REGULATORS AND LICENSING
There is not a single licensing or regulating body across the length and girth of the Asian continent. Each country governs its own gambling laws. Because of this the majority of Asian players are therefore forced to seek online gambling entertainment from offshore operators.
A number of regulated and licensed casinos will offer gaming to Asian players, even if it is outlawed in the country. These even offer some of the more popular currencies, such as the ‘Japanese Yen’ and the ‘Yuan Renimbi’. Many Asian players take the chance that they will get away with it and gamble at these casinos despite their nation’s laws. The internet is not easily regulated and many of them are able to get away with it.
“LET IT BE KNOWN! GamblersPick does not recommend that you go against the laws of your country, especially in the case where you live in a strictly regulated country. It is not worth gambling your future on a little fun and games.”
If you are looking to gamble online from within Asia, there are a huge number of casinos out there that can offer you top entertainment. We suggest that you stick to regulated casinos with licensing credentials based in Europe and Canada, where possible. Some of the more prominent licenses are carried by:
- Alderney Gambling Control Commission
- Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner
- Malta Gaming Authority
- Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Commission
- The UK Gambling Commission
- Kahnawake Gaming Commission(Canada)
These regulators offer you some recourse, should you have any major disputes on casino practice within their jurisdiction.
Reputable regulating bodies are in place to ensure that:
1. Players are treated fairly
2. Money is handled ethically
3. Online gambling is kept free of crime
4. Top entertainment value is served
Other forms of Security to look out for.
Aside from checking the license of online operators we suggest that you check:
- Security Level: Does the casino support SSL multi-layered encryption. If so, your personal data and money is as safe as it is at any bank.
- Site Auditing: All top reputable casinos will make use of an independent auditing company to check their software and systems, regularly. If you therefore see auditing certification from either TST or eCogra, you are onto a winner.
AN EAGLE EYE
Asia is the biggest continent on the planet, and as such has a massive population. In fact, Asian countries make up a whopping 60% of the world’s population. They also make up the biggest share of online gamblers in the world, which is a peculiar fact, because gambling is very not well received by the authorities across the continent. There are three forms of tolerance for this entertaining pastime in Asia presently:
Closed Door: A majority of Middle Eastern countries that abide by the Islamic religion and practice ‘Sharia Law’ are vehemently anti-gambling. Other nations which heavily oppose gambling include: China, South Korea, Singapore, and Indonesia, to name just a few.
Open Operation: There are a few countries that are open to gambling and online gambling, but this list is relatively short in comparison to the previous one. Hong Kong, although now governed by China, is less strict than the rest of China. Here citizens may gamble online, but only in state run websites.
Restricted Operation: Countries such as the Philippines turn a blind eye to tourists gambling online, but in no way allow their residents to do the same. India has a massive concentration of people, with a population of over a billion individuals. Sports betting, poker and online gambling is quite popular amongst the people but is technically prohibited. But, because most of the legislation regarding gambling is very outdated and unclear, there is no real regulation on this form of pass-time and people are left to their own devices.
“Going against the goads: The little Chinese Island of Macau in a self-governed territory, and therefore has managed to defy the ruling on gambling set by the ‘mother’ continent. Macau is un-officially the gambling ‘capital of the world’. Yes, that means that its revenues in gambling even outstrip that of Las Vegas, in the States.”
COUNT THE COST
If you would like to read approved reviews on Asian Casinos, then please take a look at our review pages, where you will get pertinent feedback from your gambling peers on their experiences at various operators. The reviews that contain the GamblersPick Select badge have been written by premium rated casino review veterans from our community of gamblers.
“Play With Your Head Not Your Heart! We promote responsible gambling, so please count the cost before chasing losses, or jackpots. A self-exclusion break will help you find your balance.”