Casinos for you
The United Kingdom Gambling Commission is widely regarded as one of the most reliable regulatory bodies in the world. online casinos accepting the Pound sterling for gambling purposes stand out from the crowd when players seek a trustworthy operator. The fact that the Pound Sterling is the official currency in the UK means that these casinos can tap into the immense potential of this lucrative market. European casinos are also quick to add the GBP on the list of accepted currencies.
Pound Sterling Online Casinos
Gambling in the United Kingdom of Great Britain spans back hundreds of years. People of the nation have always embraced risk taking. We can see this by the fact that such a small island country could dominate the globe for the better part of the 1700s, 1800s, and 1900s. Britain had colonies in continents ranging from Europe, South America, Africa, Asia, and Australasia. Only a gambling government would have the will to stare the unfavourable odds in the face like that and come out on ‘top of the world’.
The history of gambling has included the Pound Sterling currency in wagers and bets as far back as British history can reach, with the most notable practices including:
- Thoroughbred Horse racing: This was a prime pastime during the industrial revolution.
- Gaming Houses: These were some of the main social hangouts in major towns and cities in the 17th and 18th centuries
- Lotteries were used to fund the building of many of the country’s main buildings, with the first legalised national lottery taking place in 1569.
THE 123 ON GBP:
Pound Sterling is still the currency of use United Kingdom of Great Britain, which comprises of England, Wales, and Scotland. It is one of the top 4 used currencies in online gambling. With an online gambling contingent of 21 million active accounts, there is a great need for casinos to service this currency that brings in an annual yield of over 4.5 billion GBP.
UK bosses Europe: "Based on statistics, the UK has over double the number of online gamblers than the rest of Europe combined. This is an impressive fact when you consider that the UK only makes up 8.85% of the population of Europe and only 2.4% of the land mass of the entire continent.”
So why can’t they play in dollars or euros?
- Playing in your home currency means that you avoid unnecessary foreign exchange costs.
- It avoids confusion with regards to the amount of money you are actually spending. There is nothing worse than having to sit with a calculator to work out exchange rates before placing a wager.
- Any casino offering GBP as a playable currency will assuredly offer English as a language of preference. Playing at sites in your mother tongue is essential, unless you are fluent in a second or third language.
SECOND TO NONE IN REPUTATION
In order to legally trade as a casino in the UK, you need to be licensed by the ‘UK Gambling Commission’ (UKGC). It is commonly known that this is the strictest commission on the planet. They have stringent criteria that must be met before a casino is approved as an operator:
- They need a complete company structure including all shareholders owning more than a 3% equity.
- Details of all people involved in application for credit and criminal checks.
- Evidence of how business will be funded (Cannot trade if you cannot honour payouts).
- Three-year projections with supporting assumptions.
- If you are an existing business, then 3 years of audited financial statements.
- A Business Plan
- List of policies and procedures
- Technical compliance: All software and mechanisms must meet the industry standards.
Because of this, you can rest assured that any UKGC licensed casino will offer you the best service available in the industry. You can rest assured that:
- You will not be taken advantage of by unclear promotions or financial mismanagement
- The casino will live up to all its commitments when it comes to honoring massive jackpots and paying out even the smallest withdrawal
- In all their content and interactions you will be treated ethically
- When you need assistance you will receive only the very best
…AND THEN THE GAMES
Pound Sterling will buy you a seat at just about any type of gambling table, and every imaginable slot title. Over and above their love for pub fruit machines the games portfolio of UK casinos ticks all of the boxes across the board:
- Online Slots: These include various genres and styles, including: Video Slots, 3D Slots, Vegas Slots, Classic Slots, Progressive Slots, Fruit Slots, and more. Even though slots carry a rather high house edge, they are extremely popular among online gamblers and include the biggest portfolio of any other casino games.
- Table Games: You can take virtual seat at any of your favourite table games, which include: Blackjack, Poker, Casino Hold’em, Roulette, Craps, and Baccarat.
- Live Dealer Games: These games are filmed at specialised studios and gives you the best of both worlds. While seated in the comfort of your own home, you can take a trip to the casino via live stream. Here you will be able to interact with many true to life dealers before a range of your favourite table games.
- Other Games: Pound Sterling casinos will also offer you a range of other games, including: Scratch Card games, Keno, and other forms of dice games.
Recent History! While England’s first lottery was established in the 1500’s you could only legally place bets at the track. However these track days were exclusive events for the rich leaving the common man no outlet for his desire to have a flutter. Legislation allowing licensed betting shops only came into play in 1960!
BONIFIDE BONUS BONANZA
The level of competition amongst UK casinos is stiff. This has led to an absolute outpouring of advertising spend on above the line media such as television, radio and adverts in trains. These ads all have one common denominator, they offer up enticing sign up bonuses!
The UKGC has stepped in and put a halt to unclear adverts or adverts offering bait-and-switch offers so you can rest assured that when a casino offers you “10 Pounds Free” it will truly be free with no strings attached.
These exclusive and trustworthy UK Pound Sterling offers make it worth anyone’s while to have a flutter.
METHODS FOR YOUR MOOLAH
One of the most frequently asked sets of questions at any online casino is, “How do I deposit to and withdraw from my chosen casino”? There are numerous safe and secure banking methods available to transport your Pounds from your bank to the casino and back again. Some of the more popular ones include:
- Bank Transfer (Includes Wire Transfer and EFT)
- E-Wallets (Neteller and Skrill are the industry leaders)
- Vouchers (Paysafecard and UKash)
- Credit Cards and Debit Cards (Mastercard and Visa are most readily accepted)
E-Wallets are becoming more and more popular because of the package that they offer:
- Low Charges.
- Fast Deposits.
- Fastest Withdrawal methods.
- Safe and secure transactions.
“Pay too much Pal: Although PayPal is the world leader in e-wallet services, they have not been mentioned in the above list because of their overly stringent regulations they have on handling casino transactions. This could cost you a load of frustration, if nothing else.”
SEE MORE BONUSES
The gambling market in the United Kingdom is one of the biggest and most profitable for online casinos. The decision to offer players the option of depositing and wagering in GBP was a no-brainer for national and international casinos. Players can use a broad spectrum of payment methods to load their accounts and then transfer the profits out just as easily. Most promotions and bonuses are offered in this currency, so it’s easy to calculate the return on investment when joining any of them.
Pound Sterling online casinos usually offer a couple of alternatives for people who want to play in another currency. Given the popularity of the GBP and the reliance on the UK market, the list only features a couple of prominent currencies. Players who have their bank accounts in Euro or US dollars can expect to find a safe haven at these casinos. Others will need to accept the small conversion fees.
FAQAre there many online casinos accepting Pound Sterling?In Europe, the number of online casinos accepting Pound Sterling is second only to those who have the Euro as the default currency. When it comes to online gambling, the GBP is almost as popular as the Euro and the US dollar and this is unlikely to change.How can I play at a Pound Sterling casino if I don't use Pound Sterling?As mentioned above, players who use Euros or US Dollars on a daily basis can use these currencies to gamble at Pound Sterling casinos. Other currencies might be offered, yet there are no guarantees.Are there any advantages to playing at Pound Sterling online casinos?There is simply no reason for UK residents to use any other currency, when pounds sterling online casinos exist. This is the natural and right thing to do for a bundle of reasons including convenience, cost-effectiveness and security.