While in-person gambling is a fun tradition that's been around for centuries, the popularity of online gambling is growing at an enormous rate. In fact, by 2020, the global market for gambling online is projected to grow by a whopping 8.77%!
As you can probably imagine, the fact that there are two exciting and viable options for getting your gambling fix makes gamer's loves more interesting, but also vastly more complicated. After all, choosing which form of gaming is right for you can be an overwhelming task. Luckily, we're here to help!
Today, we're going to talk about offline vs online gambling and outline the pros and cons of each. Read on to get some insight as to which of these alternatives is best for you.
Offline Casino Gambling
Even back in medieval times, people enjoyed heading to gaming parlors to place bets and socialize with others. That tradition still persists today despite the fact that games are different and casinos have a much more modern aesthetic. Read on to learn some of the merits and downsides of offline casino gaming!
How Does Traditional Gambling Work?
To partake in traditional gambling, you need to hop in your car, drive to the casino, and start placing bets (as soon as you know the rules!) Most of these locales are attached to other venues like malls, hotels, restaurants, and resorts.
At an offline casino, all gamblers are present in the room where bets are being placed. The room is filled with neon lights and a roaring crowd of other gamers, which is an engaging aesthetic that makes lots of gamblers feel high on adrenaline.
There are a lot of pros to offline gambling that make for an amazing experience:
- Social experiences. You're surrounded by other gamblers, which is a fun experience if you're interested in making gaming a social experience.
- Aesthetic and adrenaline. The lighting and traditional aesthetic of a land-based casino really helps to get the adrenaline pumping and the excitement at an all-time high. This is especially the case because excitement is contagious, so when other people are having a good time in the casino, you're likely to as well.
- Less paperwork. While online casinos require registrants to include personal information into their accounts, most offline casinos are pretty chill about background verification. This means less paperwork for you so that you can start gaming faster.
- Opportunities for a high payout. There aren't really any limits as to what you can bet at an in-person casino, so this is a great option for high-risk gamblers.
However, there are also a few downsides:
- Less variety. Since there are space constraints in land-based casinos, they can only have so many gaming options. You won't have the same amount of variety as you would online.
- Strict unspoken rules. There are a lot of etiquette rules that you'll need to follow at a physical casino. It overall makes for a better experience where all gamblers respect each other, but it can still be annoying sometimes.
- Lack of disabled accessibility. Casinos can get loud and bright, which a lot of people like. However, for those with sensory processing issues, it can also get overwhelming. Know yourself and your preferences!
Now that you know the pros and cons of going to a land-based casino, it's time to take a look at the alternative: online gambling. Read on to learn why this might be the right option for your needs!
How Do Online Casinos Work?
Online casinos are basically large online rooms where you can play virtual versions of all the games that you would at a casino. You place bets using a bank account or, more popular as of late, bitcoin.
Online casinos are great for games like slots that don't require a lot of interaction. However, poker, blackjack, and other card games are an entirely different experience digitally.
Here's why online casinos are awesome:
- Convenience. Online gambling can happen in your PJs from the comfort of your own home! You can be really comfortable while playing as a result.
- High percentage of payout. While land-based casinos offer opportunities for high payout, you'll likely not win very often. Online casinos offer more chances to win smaller prizes.
- Opportunities for real-life experiences. When you use an online casino, you aren't sacrificing the opportunity to play against real-life players. Live dealers are an option on most casino sites, so you can play against other people in a virtual room.
- More variety. Online casinos have no space restrictions and therefore offer more games.
However, there are also a few cons:
- Less social opportunities. You can't bring friends to an online casino for a night out. It's a generally slow experience. The lack of a roaring crowd and neon lights also makes for less adrenaline.
- More restrictive. High-stakes gamblers have betting restrictions. Many sites also make it so the more you win, the less likely you are to win in the future. This is obviously unfortunate for those who are skilled at gaming.
So, Which Option Is Best?
Neither offline or online casinos are inherently better than the other. Which alternative is right for you depends on what you want your gaming experience to be like.
If your primary goal is winning anything, including small prizes, then online gambling is likely the right choice for you. However, if you have a lot of money and are a high-stakes gambler, you won't like how restrictive most casino sites are with betting and probably want to head to your local offline casino.
If you're looking for a social experience, then you're definitely going to want to head to an in-person venue. You can bring friends and hang out with them while placing bets. This is a great way to have a night out- casinos serve most food and alcoholic drinks in addition to the awesome entertainment that they provide.
Those who are interested in convenience may want to go with online gaming that you can do from the comfort of your own home. This is also the case for autistic gamers and those with other sensory processing accessibility needs.
The bottom line is that you need to know yourself!
Place a Bet Today
Whether or not you prefer to gamble online or in a casino, there are lots of options out there for the places you can make bets and the types of games you can play.
Now that you know the pros and cons of both online and offline gambling, it's time to get started. Check out the 'games' tab on our homepage for more information about the various casino games you can play in the format of your choosing. From slots to poker to blackjack to roulette, we've got you covered.
Related Blog Posts
- The 10 Most Exotic Casinos Across the Globe
- Best Ripple Online Casinos in 2021
- Lemons into Lemonade: iGaming's Better New Normal
- Are Slots a Sin? What Does the Bible Say About Gambling?
- Everything You Never Knew About Blackjack Card Counting