Casinos for You
Baccarat is a fairly simple game, but learning how to play is still a must. Find out how to play Baccarat online and start placing your Punto Banco wagers today.
Online Baccarat is offered at almost all online casinos all around the globe. Baccarat features 3 different boxes set in front of each player, each designated for a different bet – the Player, Banker and Tie Bet. Players will click on one of the three boxes when making their bets, after which the cards are dealt. Baccarat uses 6 to 9 decks of cards, with each deck reshuffled with each new hand.
The goal of online baccarat is to get as close to 9 as possible. Players also need to choose on who to bet on: the player (punto), the banker (banco), or on the tie. That’s why the game is also called ‘Punto Banco.’ Moreover, the banker is not equal to the House, but rather the type of bet you want to place. After all bets are placed, no more wagers can be made and the cards will be dealt to each participant.
These are the steps to follow when playing Baccarat:
- Players can choose the amount of chips which they want to place on either the Banker, Player or Tie by clicking on the box in front of each of them.
- The first round starts with the player receiving 2 upward facing cards in the Player Box, while the Banker receives his 2 cards in his Banker Box.
- The game will display the total amount of points everyone has gotten.
- A natural hand is when neither the Player nor Banker has 8 or higher, which means the player closest to 9 wins and the hand is over with all bets being immediately paid out.
- If the Player and Banker have the same amount of points, the Tie bet wins the hand.
If there is no natural or tie bet, the total value of the player’s hand will decide what will happen next. If the player has either a 6 or 7, they will stand. If the player has 5 or less, they will request another card that will be added to the total amount and the hand is finished.