Casinos for You
Learn how to play Craps online and what types of bets you can make in a game of Craps to give yourself the maximum winning chance.
Craps is a relatively simple casino game with dice, which involves lots of possible bets, which often confuses players into thinking that Craps is complicated. Read on and find out about all the possible types of bets in Craps, and you will quickly understand what a simple and exciting game Craps really is.
Types of Craps Bets
The following are the most popular bets in Craps:
- Pass Line Bet: This requires rolling a 7 or 11 as the result of the Come-Out roll. 7 or 11 double the win, while rolling 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 or 10 establishes point number. Players will want to roll the point number again when taking the Pass line bet before the shooter rolls the dice again. If the shooter rolls the point number before a 7, the Pass line bet is multiplied by 2. If the shooter rolls 2, 3 or 12 during the come-out roll, players lose the Pass line bet.
- Don’t Pass Line Bet: This bet is made against the shooter. Players need the shooter to roll 2, 3 or 12 during come-out roll. If point is set during the come-out roll, the aim of the Don’t Pass line bet is for the shooter to roll 7 before rolling the set point number.
- Come Bet: The Come bet is similar to the Pass line bet, but can be made at any point in time after the point has been set. If Come bet is made before the shooter rolls 7 or 11, the Come bet wins the round. If the shooter rolls 2, 3 or 12, then the Come bet loses.
- Don't Come Bet: The opposite of the Come bet, made when the point has been set. Don’t Come win if the shooter rolls 2 or 3 after the point is set, with 12 resulting in a tie. Other numbers that become point numbers require a 7 to be rolled before the point number can be repeated and Don’t Come bet to win.
- Odd Bets: A side bet placed after the Pass, Don’t Pass, Come or Don’t Come bets have been made. This is made by choosing to ‘take odds’ after the Pass or Come bet, or ‘lay odds’ after the Don’t Pass or Don’t Come bet.